Monday, July 21, 2008

Life is a day at the beach...

Ok, so not EVERY day is a day at the beach--but Saturday was!!! And it was wonderfull!! There is at least ONE advantage to living in lower Alabama-2 hours from the beach!:o) Josh and I went with my in-laws and our little nephew Kollin. It was his first day at the beach and I think he enjoyed himself. They had a little floaty thing for him and he just lounged in that in the water and fell asleep. He didn't get to play in the sand (he walked through it) but at 8 months he doesn't get the concept that everything is not suppose to go in the mouth, so maybe next year he can play in the sand at the beach. The water was nice (Josh thought it was too warm) but I enjoyed it. We went snorkling--didn't see much, then water was too clear, but I did see a stingray!! It was a little one--about dinner-plate sized. I turned around to find Josh and when I finally got his attention I couldn't find it again so Josh said I was making it up. AND neither of us got very sunburned (and if you know Josh at the beach) THAT is incredible!! I also flew my first "stunt kite" a kite that you actually steer to keep in the air. I didn't do too bad and Josh did pretty well. Then we went to Cici's pizza for dinner--that was good, I enjoy that place.
So that was our day at the beach.

And hopefully by tomorrow we'll own another car--we're looking at a 99 Taurus that has 67,000 miles on it. It drove nice and is in good shape and it's a good price. so hopefully we'll have that soon and that means we can get rid of the purple car!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! Ok, just a little excited there.

Well that's it for now. Talk to you all later!

Sarah

2 comments:

Ashleigh Baker said...

What fun! Would you believe that I live TEN minutes from the beach and I haven't been once this year?! It's cuz I spent the first half of summer in Colorado. :)

ExploreColorado said...

you're getting pretty good at this snorkling thing. Sounds like you had a great time at the beach. Did you get any good pictures?