Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day by day...

One more thing; on Sunday night we sang two songs that really touched my heart. The first was "Count Your Blessings" and I could do that having just felt my daughter move for the first time, especially when I didn't know if I would ever get to feel that. The next one we sang was my favorite hymn "Day By Day". A high schooler and I both play flute with the piano's at church so I was sitting up front when we played it and listening to everyone sing, I started crying. The pastor's youngest daughter brought me tissues, which was very sweet. But here's the words to that song--they've meant alot to me in the last few weeks:


Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find, to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best—
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day, the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me,
He Whose Name is Counselor and Power;
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Stranger, Just wanted you to know that even though it has been a really long time since we have talked, I read your blog as often as I can. I just want you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and every prayer. Stay strong as you are and everything will be explained in its own time.

Becky K. said...

Isn't God good to meet us in our pain and struggles. So often He brings just the right songs or friends into our path. I cannot tell you how many times that particular song has spoken to me.
You continue to have my prayers.
Becky K.