Saturday, April 18, 2009

New Arrival

Hey everyone!

Well the newest member of the Prox family arrived--and she came one week early!! My water broke Saturday March 28th at 9:15 AM. Poor Josh got a whole hour of sleep after working all night before he had to get up and take me to the hospital. We got there at 11 and I was dilated to 4. I got my epidural and at 8 pm Charys Alyzabeth arrived. (By the way, her name is said Care-iss Ah-lizabeth--and yes, she has a burp rag with the pronunciation embroidered on it!!!). My mom flew into Panama on the following Monday and just left on Tuesday. It was wonderful having her around!!! She cooked and cleaned when I didn't feel like doing anything--and she helped on the night shift before Charys had her days and nights straightened out!! She was wide awake for several hours each night. (ok, so all 3 of us were!!). She about has it figured out now--she eats and goes back to sleep--which is very nice since I'm on my own at night--Josh works midnight to 8 am. She will stay awake for 1-2 hours twice a day and then sleeps the rest of the time. Which is nice--I can usually get at least one nap in during the day. I haven't quite gotten the hang of getting up every morning and having breakfast ready for Josh yet, but I'm working on it!! And I'm proud of myself--he has had breakfast several times this week :o) Right now I'm hanging out at my in-laws watching movies on TV. Josh is sleeping and hasn't called that he's awake yet but he should be getting up soon.

I'm loving being able to stay home with the baby!! And I'm really loving that I'm not going back to work!! I'm not sure how we'll pay off medical bills but I guess God will have to provide for us.

We also have a contract on a house in Ozark--we're waiting for the loan people to inspect the house to make sure its up to par. It's a USDA loan so the house has to pass their standards. If we get it I'll put pictures up and tell you all about it. It would also be nice to have a bigger house b/c I wouldn't have to be as quiet in the house while Josh sleeps, our house is not really small, just laid out weird, so I try to stay pretty quiet so he can sleep.

Anyway--just in case you're not on facebook--here's some pictures of Charys!!! (sorry I don't know how to turn the pictures the other way--I know I'm not high-tech at all!)





2 comments:

Rebekah said...

OH she is so precious! O praise the Lord, I am sooooo happy for y'all!!!

Ella said...

How adorable! Congratulations and sorry I am so late. I have about 6 weeks left!

~Ellarie