Friday, April 11, 2008

How our "plans" never seem to work...

I know, it's been a while!!! This won't be long cuz I only have a few minutes. Josh and I are attempting to go camping up at Lake Martin. We were planning on leaving early this morning. Josh was going to pack and load everything yesterday so we could leave early, but as he was leaving to start his list at 8:15, work called and said "can you be here 9-5:30 today?" So much for THOSE plans.
SO, Josh got off yesterday at 5:30 and got to packing. I had to go to my friend's house to finish a scrapbook for a military couple in our church who is leaving Sunday (so yes, we HAD to scrapbook!). And I didn't get off work till after 6!! So all said, we got to bed a little after 11 with almost everything done.
We borrowed a canoe from our pastor and we had it attached to the top of the car (tricky in the dark!!) and we planned to leave at 9am. Well, we left the house at 8:45 (we are good!!) but we got onto Rucker Blvd, hit 50 MPH, caught a gust of wind and the canoe moved ALOT. OK, so we have another kink in our "plans". Good thing Josh's dad is an engineer. He's figuring it out as I type. Our car is a really pretty Grand AM, but NOT designed to carry a canoe!!! Oh well.
I gotta go, hopefully we'll be leaving shortly and I may get a new post on when we get back, and hopefully we won't get too wet!!!
Sarah

2 comments:

Ashleigh Baker said...

Hope you guys get out of there soon... have fun!!

Tiffany said...

It will be so worth it when you finally get out there having fun!! Don't get too discouraged!